> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Business Law > Do I need a release for a photo to use for my business?

Do I need a release for a photo to use for my business?

1 Answers. Asked on Aug 26th, 2014 on Business Law - Colorado
More details to this question:
I teach art in senior homes and I have a photo given freely holding up her art work... can i use this photo in my new business without a written consent? (She poised for the photo.)
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Sep 08th, 2014 at 2:58 PM

Any time you use a photo for commercial purposes, you should get a release.  In this case, you probably need a release from the person holding up the art work, as well as a release from the author of the art work being held up.

Good luck!

Report Abuse
Business Law
Beginning on the day a new business is launched, it will encounter a host of legal issues. From selecting the optimal business structure to negotiating contracts, from ensuring that the company's name doesn't infringe on another business's intellectual property to hiring new employers--almost everything that small business owners do touches on some aspect of business law. As a company owner or manager, your focus should be on successfully running and building a business. A law firm that focuses on business law will have attorneys who have a broad cross-section of experience on the myriad legal issues that affect all businesses, large and small.
Have an Business Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

313 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

239 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

149 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

124 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

100 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

94 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

92 Answers, 31 Legal Topics

Business Law Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Bryan & Terrill Law, PLLC

Tulsa, OK

| Contact Now

Powell Law Offices, P.C.

Grapevine, TX

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums